Saturday, September 03, 2011

In My Mailbox (August 28th- September 3rd 2011)

Overall it was a good week for my mailbox, although the highlight was not what was added to my collection but instead what I gave away. I had the opportunity to meet up with fellow blogger Ambur when she visited my city and we went for supper last night. I'm moving in the coming year and won't be able to take all my books with me and so she took a stack of at least fifty off my hands, including some for guest reviews you'll likely to be seeing on my blog in the future. Thanks so much Ambur and it was great meeting you! 

{For Review}
Following Atticus by Tom Ryan (Unsolicited) (William Morrow)
Circle 9 by Anne Heltzel (Candlewick)
Stork by Wendy Delsol (Candlewick)
Half-Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan (Thomas Allen & Sons)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (Random House Canada)
You Against Me by Jenny Downham (Random House Canada)

{Gift}
Wildefire by Karsten Knight (ARC)
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs (ARC)
Triangles by Ellen Hopkins (ARC)

I figured it was okay to accept a few of Ambur's books since I got rid of so many... and I just couldn't resist these three all of which I am incredibly looking forward to. Thanks so much Ambur!

{Bought}

I actually ordered these a few weeks ago from BookCloseOuts.ca but I had them shipped to Montreal because a) it was cheaper b) I'm not optimistic enough to believe I'll actually read them anytime soon. That said, I am looking forward to all of them!

The Smart One by Ellen Meister
Dismantled by Jennifer McMahon
I Can't Keep My Own Secrets: Six-Word Memoirs by Teens Famous & Obscure
What He's Poised to Do: Stories by Ben Greenman
A Note of Madness by Tabitha Suzuma
Earlier Poems by Franz Wright
Life at These Speeds by Jeremy Jackson
What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt
The Diving Pool: Three Novellas by Yoko Ogawa
The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd
03: A Novel by Jean-Christophe Valta
The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
I Am Not Esther by Fleur Beale
Perfectly Secret: The Hidden Lives of Seven Teenage Girls

The best part? It was only $54.29 with shipping for all these beauties. I figured I'd post about these now since in all probability I'll be making another order this week. (Shhh- don't judge me!)

What was in your mailbox this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!