Saturday, September 10, 2011

In My Mailbox (September 4th-10th 2011)

A small but good week for my mailbox. The first book has just been long-listed for the Giller Prize (very prestigious Canadian literary prize) and arrived the same day the list was announced. The second was a surprise but very welcome copy of a dystopia where chocolate and coffee are illegal. The third one is for an upcoming book tour, it's a historical fiction novel and apparently has already been sold to be made into a film by director Michael Mann; it sounds very intriguing and combines many things I find interesting and hold hear to my heart including WWII, photography and Judaism.

{For Review}
The Return by Dany Laferriere (D&M Publishers)
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin (Unsolicited) (D&M Publishers)
Waiting for Robert Capa by Susana Fortes (ARC) (TLC Tours)

This was a good week in that the books I read far outnumbered the books I gained... if you don't consider the books I bought. But those twenty haven't arrived yet so I'll save their mention for next week!

What was in your mailbox this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!