Sunday, November 20, 2011

In My Mailbox (October 30th-November 19th 2011)

Photobucket
Well I'm really behind on this meme! I spent the last two weekends away and have some catching up to do, but luckily it's not too long because this hasn't really been a book-heavy month.

October 30th- November 5th 
{For Review}
Camp Nine by Vivienne Schiffer (TLC Tours)
First Day on Earth by Cecil Castellucci (Unsolicited) (Scholastic Canada)
iBoy by Kevin Brooks (Unsolicited) (Scholastic Canada)
Cow: A Bovine Biography by Florian Werner (D&M Publishers)

The first book looks incredibly powerful and I am hoping to read it soon. The middle two books are outside of what I would normally read, but may be interesting. The final one is so unique and interesting and I can't wait to find out what kind of impact the cow has had historically- kinda the perfect book to read while living in cattle country!

{Gifts}
Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien

Thanks so much to Ambur for the awesome amazing birthday books! I'm so excited to finally own my own lovely hardcover copy of Birthmarked and the LHA is one I've been wanting to read for awhile and now have the perfect excuse.

November 6th-12th
{For Review}
The Doll by Daphne du Maurier (TLC Book Tours)

Never read anything by this author before, but I know she's a classic, so I'm intrigued to try this lesser known book by her.

November 13th-19th
{For Review}
Matched by Ally Condie (Penguin Canada)
Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver (ARC) (Harper Collins Canada)

I ended up with two copies of Crossed by none of its prequel, so I was really glad when Matched arrived this week and will be curious to try out the series. I've already read and absolutely adored Liesl & Po so there will be a review soon- even the ARC is gorgeous but I'm definitely purchasing myself a finished copy!

What's been in your mailbox lately?

8 comments:

  1. I'm quite curious about that Birth Marked. Sounds interesting! And Matched too, although I'm a bit scared to try it after hearing all the mixed reviews! I have no idea what I'll think of it, lol. Liesl & Po sounds really good as well! Wanna read itttt. Haha. Hope you enjoy!

    My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Doll, very interesting. I want to try Rebecca next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord- I have never started this meme because I know full well I'd never keep up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh. I love every single thing that Kevin Brooks writes and so I am jealous that you got Iboy but I hope that you really really love it! And I've heard only good things about the Matched series so I hope you like that too!

    Here's what I got In My Mailbox this week!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED Birthmarked. I couldn't put that book down and read it in one sitting.

    I really would like to read Matched, I've heard pretty good things about it. :)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! I'm glad Birthmarked showed up too! I knew you wanted a finished copy of it, so I thought it was perfect for your bday! :D And I'm glad that Fever 1793 was such a good choice, too. :D

    haha Matched finally showed up! It certainly took a while. :P lol I hope you like it Zoƫ, and I agree, even the ARC of Liesl and Po is gorgeous! :D

    Happy Reading! :D
    Ambur

    PS. Sorry about being AWOL with IMM and Monday posts this week, whenever I get around to making one again, I'm gonna have to make it awesome now. :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! So jealous you got Liesl & Po! I love the cover to that one. I read Matched last year... got some mixed feelings about it!

    My mailbox is here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading Matched. I hope you do too!

    I found you via the IMM linky. I’m a new follower :)
    Rachel Brooks Writes

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!