Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 Reading Goals

I'm kinda late with this but I wasn't really reading when 2011 ended. Now that I am again I figure it's a good time to think about what I want to read this upcoming year.
  • Read at least 5 books of poetry (The Chameleon Couch by Yusef Komunyakaa; Coming to That by Dorothea Tanning; The Smooth Yarrow by Susan Glickman; )
  • Read at least 5 collections of short stories (Radio Belly by Buffy Cram; )
  • Read at least 2 plays
  • Read at least 5 novels in verse (I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder; Fallout by Ellen Hopkins; October Mourning: A Song for Matthew Shepard by Lesléa Newman; Collateral by Ellen Hopkins; )
  • Read at least 5 non-fiction books (The Untamed Garden by Sonia Day; The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper; Invincible Microbe by Jim Murphy and Alison Blank; The Storytelling Animal by Jonathan Gottschall; The Art of the Epigraph compiled and edited by Rosemary Ahern)
  • Read at least 5 classics ( )
  • Read at least 5 memoirs (Eating Dirt by Charlotte Gill; Blue Nights by Joan Didion; The Guardians by Sarah Manguso;  )
Some specifics: 
  • Read a book by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • Read a book by Sarah Addison Allen
  • Read a book by Lauren Oliver (Pandemonium; Before I Fall; The Spindlers)
  • Read Matched by Ally Condie 
  • Read a book by Kelley Armstrong (The Calling)
  • Read a book by John Green
  • Read The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
  • Read Waking Storms by Sarah Porter
  • Read a series by Scott Westerfeld (Peeps; The Last Days)
  • Read a book by Maile Meloy (The Apothecary)
  • Read a book by Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss; Lola and the Boy Next Door)
  • Read Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • Read a book by Kirsten Hubbard (Like Mandarin; Wanderlove)
  • Read The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht
  • Read a book by Haruki Murakami
  • Read a book by Donna Freitas
  • Read a book by Amy Reed
  • Read a book by Laura Kasischke
  • Read a book by Sarah Dessen 
  • Read a book by Courtney Summers (Cracked Up To Be; Some Girls Are; This Is Not A Test)
  • Read a book by Sarah Ockler (Twenty Boy Summer)
  • Read a book by José Saramego
Well there they are. I don't plan to check back to this list often but I figure it can't hurt to have some inspiration if I feel like I can't find anything to read. Do you have any 2012 reading goals? Or anything I absolutely must add to my list?

1 comment:

  1. I have a goal of reading Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I've been hearing too many good things about them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!