Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Zoe's 2013 Reading Goals

I always find it fun to see what people's reading plans are, so I thought I'd share some of my own. I didn't do an awesome job meeting my 2012 goals (found here), but they are really just guidelines for inspiration and with that in mind I'm happy with what I accomplished. I'd rather read things I love than follow some list, but I still adore making lists, so here I am again.

General Goals:
    •    Read at least 5 books of poetry
    •    Read at least 5 novels in verse
    •    Read at least 5 classics (Aesop's Fables by Aesop; )
    •    Read at least 2 plays
    •    Read at least 3 books of non-fiction (Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott; )
    •    Read at least 2 memoirs
    •    Read at least 5 middle grade novels
    •    Finish at least 5 series I've already started (Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand;)
    •    Read a steampunk book
   •     Read at least 10 YA debuts (Bruised by Sarah Skilton; Dancing in the Dark by Robyn Bavati; If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch; )
    •    Read at least 100 books

Some Specifics:

    •    Read a book by Scott Westerfeld
    •    Read a book by Mandy Hubbard/Amanda Grace
    •    Read a book by Tera Lynn Childs
    •    Restart and finish reading The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
    •    Read a book by Ellen Hopkins
    •    Read a play by William Shakespeare
    •    Read a book by Libba Bray
    •    Read a book by Haruki Murakami
    •    Read a book by Sarah Ockler
    •    Read a book by Jessica Martinez (Virtousity)
    •    Read a book by David Levithan
    •    Read a book by Abby McDonald (The Anti-Prom)
    •    Read a book by Katie Kacvinsky
    •    Read a book by Neil Gaiman

Do you have any 2013 reading plans? Is there anything I must read in the upcoming year and should therefore add to my list? Let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!